What does this mean?
It looks like there is a pending fault with the engine computer. We don’t know the exact issue. It could be anything from a badly needed tune up to something more serious. Generally, we can be more specific, however this issue requires a mechanic to inspect the vehicle to be more precise. If the check engine light isn’t on, it’s generally an inexpensive fix. We’ve listed quotes for a diagnosis. Once a mechanic arrives they will inspect the vehicle and figure out the issue. Once diagnosed, The Car Savior will review the quote for further work with the mechanic to make sure you’re getting a fair price for the repair and to make sure the vehicle was correctly diagnosed. Then we will send you a quote to repair the issue. You can decide whether or not to move forward with further repairs.
On a scale of 1 to 10, we rate this to have an urgency of 6. Some repairs have very low urgency, and we give those a 1. With these repairs, you can wait for as long as you would like, because it will not ever result in harm to you or your vehicle. These are usually cosmetic damages.
We consider a 5 to be something that will eventually need to be done, but you can likely get away with holding off for a while if other things are more pressing. However, if a repair is close to a 10 (or at a 10), this means you should NOT be driving the vehicle, and should get this repaired as soon as possible.
What happens if I wait?
We need to know more before we can make a recommendation. We’ll let you know more once the problem is diagnosed. If the shake is strong, we would recommend it be diagnosed to ensure the problem isn’t serious.
How complicated is this repair?
- This job has no tools required, and can be completed by just about anyone.
- This requires a relatively handy person, but little experience working on cars exclusively.
- This warrants an average person who’s done a fair amount of car repair. Think the weekend mechanic who’s done a brake job or two!
- At this difficulty, the average mechanic could do the job, but you wouldn't want to do it yourself without a fair amount of experience.
- This job is very specialized, requiring very expensive tools only a specialty shop has and a high level of expertise.